Rules & Guidelines of Qualeutex Lamb Producer Group
1. Bookings must be made through the coordinator for QualEUtex in order to qualify for bonus.
2. If ownership of the flock changes hands while a member please inform the coordinator so
that we can make relevant changes & avoid any confusion.
3. If you cease to supply lambs for a period of in excess of 12 months it will be taken that you
are no longer a member & you will have to reapply with associated costs which may be
much more than the current 50 euros. The committee reserve the right to increase
membership fees at any time.
4. There will be a charge of 30 cent per lamb applied which will be deducted from your cheque
by Kepak on behalf of the group to cover our running costs.
5. Anyone found to be abusing the rules or any member of our committee will immediately be
removed as a member & will not have their monies returned. They may apply to our
Chairman if they want to challenge the decision where it will be brought before the
committee for reconsideration. The decision of the committee shall be final & binding.
6. “N.B”, By signing the membership form it is taken that you have read & understood the
above conditions & that you accept that proof is needed to verify that you have used a
Texel or Beltex registered ram(s) for this seasons lambs. This may entail a brief on farm
inspection at short notice by a representative sent on behalf of the QualEUtex lamb
producer group where insufficient details are provided. The same applies for next year &
subsequent years if you wish to remain a member.
Supply Period & Weight Bands
7. Only lambs killing out U2, U3, E2 & E3 within specified weight ranges will qualify for the
bonus. A list of weight bands & supply periods will be included with this membership form
as a guide.
8. All lambs not qualifying for a bonus will be paid in accordance with Athleague pricing
applicable on the day.
9. Bonus to be paid in addition to Athleague base price for R3 lambs on day of slaughter. R3
base price will be the average price paid to farmers for that grade on the day.
10. Bonuses will only paid on lambs which are not bought through existing producer group
arrangements with Kepak.
April 1st to May 31st 16.0kg to 20.5kg
June 1st to July 31st 16.0kg to 21.0 kg
August 1st to August 30th 16.0 kg to 21.5kg
September 1st to November 30th 16.0kg to 22.0kg
December 1st to Easter 16.0 kg to 23.0kg
11. While as a producer group we currently cannot provide transport for group members but we
will be drawing up a list of hauliers in different regions where we feel there is demand. (cost
of transport at suppliers expense) This list will be made available to members via our
Facebook page or by text where requested. We may be able to put you in contact with
other suppliers close by where shared transport could be arranged.
12. Where group lambs are coming from the Kepak, Hacketstown assembly centre they will be
carried free of charge to Athleague by the processor.
13. Prices will be posted on our Facebook page every Thursday for the following Monday when
14. Secure lairage facilities are available in the factory premises if one wishes to drop lambs off
the evening before slaughter.
15. A group facilitator will be on hand on mornings of slaughter from time to time to inspect
lambs being sent in through the group.
16. It is advisable where other lambs not sired by Texel or Beltex rams are on a consignment
that you put them on a separate dispatch docket as they will otherwise be charged at 30
cent per head which shall be non refundable. You must mark your applicable dispatch
docket with QualEUtex & your membership number alongside your name in the box on top
left corner of the dispatch docket. You should write your membership number on the front
cover of your dispatch book for safekeeping.
17. The group will not take responsibility for any mistakes made by the supplier nor will they
take responsibility for any animal sent in through the group which may die in transport or in
the lairage. Neither will the group take responsibility if an animal is condemned or partially
18. Normal Dept. of Agric rules apply in relation to use of medicines in animals entering the
food chain prior to slaughter.